Friday, June 4, 2010

40K Army Lists: The Sons of Saim-Hann


So a wonderful thing happened to me yesterday when I arrived home from work, aside from the normal pleasures of three smiling little faces all happy to see Mommy and Daddy come home. On the kitchen table was a box from Games Workshop, and within that box was my brand new Fire Prism/Night Spinner kit. A birthday gift from the great guys (and girl) that I work with, and it arrived a day early I might add! I also got my most recent eBay purchases of a box of Dire Avengers and a War Walker. All of these brand new modles are piling up with the Eldar Stuff I have hiding in the basement (A Wave Serpent, A Falcon, 5 Rangers, 6 Fire Dragons and the Special Order Farseer) and they are calling to me:

"Build US!" "Paint US!" "Play with US!" "Conquer with US!"

I hear these voices in my sleep now, that isn't bad is it?

So, I have deiced to put my paint project of my Tyranids on hold and will start my Eldar Army now, I do not think the voices are giving me any choice. I am adopting a new policy with this army though, one I have always told myself I would do but never did it. I will not play with a single unpainted model. So for me to unleash this new army on to my friends at the local game store, I am going to need to get to work.

The photo that is accompanying this article is an example of my new paint theme, it is sort of a reverse of the Saim-Hann paint scheme and I intend to have some similar fluff behind the army as well. I am calling them the Sons of Saim-Hann.

I do not know how everyone else builds their armies but I usually pick a point value, do a ton of home work and build a primary list, and then start buying. So here is the list I and point value I am building too initially:

1850 Points

1 Eldrad 210

1 Farseer with Spirit Stones, Guide and Doom 120

10 Dire Avengers with the Exarch Upgrade, Bladestorm Upgrade, 2 Avenger
Catapult in a Wave Serpent with T-L Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit
Stones 282

10 Dire Avengers with the Exarch Upgrade, Bladestorm Upgrade, 2 Avenger
Catapult in a Wave Serpent with T-L Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit
Stones 282

5 Dire Avengers in a Wave Serpent with T-L Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit
Stones 190

3 Jet Bike Guardians 66

5 Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent with T-L Eldar Missile Launcher and Spirit
Stones 210

1 Fire Prism with Holo-Fields 150

1 Fire Prism with Holo-Fields 150

3 War Walkers Duel Scatter Lasers 180

So that is it, that is the first draft list. Let me know what guy guys think okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment